1. Pramparo P, Montano CM, Barceló A, Avezum A, Wilks R. Cardiovascular diseases in Latin America and the Caribbean: the present situation. Prevention and Control. 2006;2(3):149-57.
2. Mathers CD, Loncar D. Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PLoS Medicine. 2006;3(11):e442.
3. Loyd-Jones D, Adams RJ, Brown TM, Carnethon M, Dai S, De Simone G, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics-2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2009;121(7):948-53.
4. Roger VL, Go AS, Loyd-Jones DM, Adams RJ, Berry JD, Brown TM, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics-2011 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2011;123(4):e18-e209.
5. Boriani G, Valzania C, Diemberger I, Biffi M, Martignani C, Bertini M, et al. Potential of non-antiarrhythmic drugs to provide an innovative upstream approach to the pharmacological prevention of sudden cardiac death. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2007;16(5):605-23.
6. McNally B, Robb R, Mehta M, Vellano K, Valderrama AL, Yoon PW, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest surveillance- cardiac arrest registry to enhance survival (CARES), United States, October 1, 2005–December 31, 2010. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Surveillance Summaries. 2011;60(8):1-19.
7. Nolan JP. High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Current Opinion in Critical Care. 2014;20(3):227-33.
8. Chen SQ. Advances in clinical studies of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. World Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2015;6(2):85.
9. Talikowska M, Tohira H, Finn J. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation quality and patient survival outcome in cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Resuscitation. 2015;96:66-77.
10. Park IS, Kim EJ, Sohn HS, Kang SH. Factors influencing the return of spontaneous circulation of patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2013;11(9):229-38.
11. Barbash IJ, Kahn JM. Organizational approaches to improving resuscitation effectiveness. Journal of Critical Care Clinics. 2015;31(1):76-165.
12. Fonarow GC, Zhao X, Smith EE, Saver JL, Reeves MJ, Bhatt DL, et al. Door-to-needle times for tissue plasminogen activator administration and clinical outcomes in acute ischemic stroke before and after a quality improvement initiative. JAMA. 2014;311(16):1632-40.
13. Leslie W, Urie A, Hooper J, Morrison C. Delay in calling for help during myocardial infarction: reasons for the delay and subsequent pattern of accessing care. Heart. 2000;84(2):137-41.
14. Shidfar M, Shojaizadeh D, Hosseini M, Assasi N, Majlesi F. Knowledge, attitude and lifestyle of patients with unstable angina in Mashad, Iran. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. 2004;2(3):65-82.
15. Köberich S, Lohrmann C, Mittag O, Dassen T. Effects of a hospital-based education programme on self-care behaviour, care dependency and quality of life in patients with heart failure–a randomised controlled trial. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2015;24(11-12):1643-55.
16. Kim HS, Kim HJ, Suh EE. The effect of patient-centered CPR education for family caregivers of patients with cardiovascular diseases. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2016;46(3):463-74.
17. Soltaninejad A. Family caregivers’ quality of life: the case of schizophrenia and affective disorders (a mixed method study). Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation. Zur Erlangung des Akademischen Grades; 2017.
18. Herlitz J, Ekström L, Wennerblom B, Axelsson A, Bång A, Holmberg S. Effect of bystander initiated cardiopulmonary resuscitation on ventricular fibrillation and survival after witnessed cardiac arrest outside hospital. Heart. 1994;72(5):408-12.
19. Heydari H, Farhaninia M, Safdari M, Haghani H. The relationship between knowledge and family members’ performance in confront with patient's heart attack. Iranian Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2012;3(1):24-30.
20. Dixe MdACR, Gomes JCR. Knowledge of the Portuguese population on basic life support and availability to attend training. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP. 2015;49(4):0640-49.
21. Chen M, Wang Y, Li X, Hou L, Wang Y, Liu J, et al. Public knowledge and attitudes towards bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation in China. BioMed Research International. 2017;ID 3250485:1-7.
22. Kanstad BK, Nilsen SA, Fredriksen K. CPR knowledge and attitude to performing bystander CPR among secondary school students in Norway. Resuscitation. 2011;82(8):1053-59.
23. Smith KL, Cameron PA, Meyer A, McNeil JJ. Knowledge of heart attack symptoms in a community survey of Victoria. Emergency Medicine Australasia. 2002;14(3):255-60.
24. Greenlund KJ, Keenan NL, Giles WH, Zheng ZJ, Neff LJ, Croft JB, et al. Public recognition of major signs and symptoms of heart attack: seventeen states and the US Virgin Islands, 2001. American Heart Journal. 2004;147(6):1010-16.
25. Johansson I, Strömberg A, Swahn E. Ambulance use in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2004;19(1):5-12.